Parent Education Classes and Mediation Services Through the Courts:

Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington Counties all require that parents who have a dispute regarding custody or parenting time complete a parent education class.  They also offer limited mediation services.

Multnomah County Circuit Court offers these services through their Family Court Services department:

Clackamas County offers these services through their Resolution Services program:

Washington County has information about mediation through its Divorce Mediation and Conciliation Services program here:

Washington County requires parents to complete the Kids’ Turn program, which is an ongoing class providing information to parents about how to best focus on children when going through a divorce.

Oregon Child Support Program (administered by the Oregon Department of Justice):

The child support office can assist you with obtaining a child support order, collecting on that child support order by things such as issuing a wage withholding order to the employer of the person who is obligated to pay support, and intercepting tax refund checks. They can provide accounting services so you know whether your child support is current or if there is support owing.  They can also suspend DMV and other licenses due to non-payment of child support.

Community Resources:

Clear Transitions – a half-day workshop for women going though divorce where you hear from a lawyer, mediator, financial planner, and counselor about what to consider as you are beginning the divorce process.  I am a regular speaker at these workshops.

Low-Cost Legal Services:

  • Legal Aid Services of Oregon: provides free legal services in specific areas, including family law, for our poorest citizens.
  • St. Andrew Legal Clinic: provides sliding scale services in family law cases, with fees based on an initial retainer and monthly payments.
  • Oregon State Bar Modest Means: The Oregon State Bar facilitates a program called Modest Means, where attorneys voluntarily agree to take cases on a much reduced sliding scale set by the Bar.

Online Bill Pay:

Multnomah County Court Locations:

Multnomah County Courthouse
(main downtown courthouse)
1021 SW Fourth
Portland, OR 97204
(503) 988-3957

Multnomah East County Courthouse
18480 SE Stark St
Portland, OR 97233
(503) 988-3199

Juvenile Justice Center
1401 N.E. 68th
Portland, OR 97213
(503) 988-3460

Clackamas County Court Location:

Clackamas County Courthouse
807 Main Street
Oregon City, OR 97045
(503) 655-8447

Washington County Court Location:

Washington County Courthouse
150 N. First
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 846-8888